Information on AB-60 Driver’s Licenses for Undocumented
AB-60 began permitting undocumented California residents to apply for and obtain a California driver’s licenses. Many have already scheduled an appointment with the DMV in order to obtain a driver’s license and a considerable amount of information regarding AB-60 exists, including websites that explain the process of obtaining a license, the documents necessary to apply, and practical tips when applying. The California DMV website allows individuals to make appointments and find study materials for AB-60 licenses. Still, here is some information for you from our Sacramento immigration law firm.
What is the general process of obtaining an AB-60 license?
- Make an appointment with the DMV.
- Gather the documents necessary, such as proof of identity and proof of CA residency. You can find great information at driveCA.org and on the CA DMV website.
- Go to the appointment (first).
- Application: You will have to fill out the application at the appointment, which is not available online and the fee is $33.
- Supporting Documents:
- You will need to show identification document(s); and,
- Proof of California residency.
- Written Test: A written test must be taken.
- Fingerprint, Photograph, and Eye Examination: The DMV will take your fingerprint, a photograph, and complete and eye examination.
- Permit: If you pass, you will be permitted to drive with another licensed driver.
- Make an appointment and go to the appointment (second).
- Driving Test: The car you drive for your driving test must have proof of insurance. There are no interpreters for this portion. If you pass, you will receive a temporary license until the actual license arrives.
The DL-44 application allows us to register to vote. Should I register?
Non-citizen applicants must should register to vote!
Happy driving and please be safe! Good luck on your examination! If you have any questions regarding your immigration matter, please do not hesitate to contact our Sacramento immigration lawyer. Our Sacramento immigration law firm has been very successful with various immigration matters and is happy to discuss a possible solution for you. Our Sacramento immigration attorneys would be happy to assist you, so contact us today.
*The information provided in this post does not constitute legal advice or opinion. The information is for guidance purposes only. Individual situations vary and you should contact us for a consultation. Carson & Kyung, Sacramento’s Immigration Attorneys on Information on AB-60 Driver’s Licenses for Undocumented.