DHS to Offer Deferred Action to DREAMers
GREAT NEWS! The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced that it would defer action against individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Came to the United States under the age of sixteen;
- has continuously resided in the United States for a least five years preceding June 15, 2012 and is present in the United States on the date of this memorandum;
- is currently in school, has graduated from high school, has obtained a general education development certificate, or is an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces ofthe United States;
- has not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise poses a threat to national security or public safety; and
- is not above the age of thirty.
*The information provided in this post does not constitute legal advice or opinion. The information is for guidance purposes only. Individual situations vary and you should contact us for a consultation.