K-1 to Adjustment of Status Process
K-1 to Adjustment of Status Process – Sacramento Immigration Attorney
The following steps are a general guideline. Our immigration law firm recommends that you speak to an immigration attorney prior to filing any documents. You may contact our Sacramento immigration office at anytime to assist you. Our immigration attorney will waive any consultation fees if you sign!
(1) Petitioner must fill out the I-129F and attach requisite documents.
(2) Petitioner sends the I-129F packet.
(3) Receive First Notice of Action that the K-1 Petition has begun
(4) Receive Second Notice of Action that the K-1 Petition has been approved.
(5) Beneficiary prepares documents for the US Embassy in the beneficiary’s country. A US Embassy may not be located in the beneficiary’s country (ex: Iran). In that case, you must find the appropriate embassy to process the K-1 Petition.
(6) Case is forwarded to the National Visa Center then to a US Embassy abroad.
(7) Beneficiary provides requisite documents to US Embassy.
(8) Beneficiary attends medical interview.
(9) Beneficiary attends US Embassy interview for K-1.
(10) Assuming K-1 is approved, Beneficiary travels to the US.
(11) Beneficiary gets married, applies for a Social Security Number from the US Department of Health and Human Services, and files an I-693.
(12) Beneficiary applies for Adjustment of Status – I-485 with other requisite forms and documents.
Contact Sacramento Immigration Attorneys
K-1 to Adjustment of Status Process can be time-consuming and tedious. Our immigration attorneys are here to help. Feel free to contact Sacramento’s Immigration Attorneys to set up a consultation and learn about the process as it relates to you.
*The information provided in this post does not constitute legal advice or opinion. The information is for guidance purposes only. Individual situations vary and you should contact us for a consultation.