E-1 Treaty Traders; E-2 Treaty Investors – Immigration Law
E-1 Treaty Trader and E-2 Treaty Investor Visas are ideal for individuals who need to stay in the US for prolonged period of time in order to trade or invest. It is important to understand that these categories are based on different treaties and thus, one might not be eligible for both. Some significant benefits of the E-1 Treaty Trader Visa and the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa is that although the individuals are only given the E-1 or E-2 for two years at a time, there is no limit on how many extensions may be granted. Our Sacramento immigration lawyers can assist you with obtaining a new E-1 or E-2, or filing an extension under these categories.
Who qualifies for an E-1 Treaty Trader Visa?
- In order to qualify for an E-1 Treaty Trader Visa, the individual must demonstrate the following:
- The individual is a citizen of an E-1 Treaty Trader country;
- The individual must engage in substantial trade with the US; and,The individual must engage in principal trade between the US and the E-1 Treaty Trader country, which means that more than 50% of the individual’s trade is between the US and the E-1 Treaty Trader country.
Who qualifies for an E-2 Treaty Investor Visa?
In order to qualify for an E-2 Treaty Investor Visa, the individual must demonstrate the following:
- The individual is a citizen of an E-2 Treaty Investor county;
- The individual invested, or will invest, a substantial amount of capital in a US business enterprise; and,
- The individual is seeking this visa solely for this business enterprise.
What countries have a treaty with the United States for treaty traders or investors to obtain an E-1 Treaty Trader Visa or E-2 Treaty Investor Visa?
Please see the US Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs’ list here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/treaty.html
Our law firm has served countless individuals and family members in obtaining their immigrant or non-immigrant visas. Whether you are intending on requesting a new E-1 Treaty Trader or E-2 Treaty Investor Visa, or are preparing a request for an extension, our Sacramento immigration attorneys are prepared to assist you.
Please do not hesitate to contact our law firm, Carson & Kyung, A Law Corporation, to discuss your case with one of our Sacramento immigration attorneys.
USCIS E-1 Treaty Traders; E-2 Treaty Investors: http://www.uscis.gov/uscis-tags/unassigned/e-visas