Skip to main content

Family-Based Immigration with Sacramento Lawyers

Our immigration law firm provides professional family-based immigration services for our clients. Our immigration attorneys strive to create a comfortable and compassionate atmosphere during the entire process. Contact our family-based immigration attorneys to have our team assist you with your application.

Lawyer Fees for Family-Based Immigration

Our Family-Based Immigration attorneys provide outstanding service.  Our reviews are top notch and our prior clients have been extremely satisfied.  Our attorney offer flat fees to ensure you understand all of the costs associated with your family-based visa; however, a consultation is necessary for because each situation vastly differs on individual circumstances.  After a consultation with an immigration attorney, they’ll be able to provide you with a price quote.

Family-Member Immigration

Family-Member Immigration

Our professionals aim to unite persons with their family members. In order for us to assist you, we must:

  1. Identify an individual who can sponsor a family member seeking lawful permanent residence (commonly known as a green card). The sponsor is called the petitioner and the family member seeking to obtain a green card is called the beneficiary. Any qualifying dependent family members of the beneficiary are called derivative beneficiaries.
  2. Establish under which of the following categories the beneficiary falls:

Immediate Relatives

(a) Spouses;

(b) Unmarried minor children (under 21) of US citizens; and,

(c) Parents of US citizen sons and daughters (21 years & older.)

First Preference

(a) Unmarried sons and daughters  (21 years & older) of US citizens

Second Preference

2a: (a) Spouses and (b) Unmarried minor children (under 21) of permanent residents

2b: Unmarried sons and daughters  (21 years & older, but not their children)

Third Preference

Married sons and daughters of US citizens.

Fourth Preference

Brothers and sisters of US citizens (21 years & older)

(3)  Identify the place where the beneficiary intends to apply for a green card to determine whether the family member is eligible.

Immediate relatives are given the highest priority and generally, the lower the preference category, the longer the processing time. The date of the petition filing determines the priority date, and those being reviewed are set out in the US Department of State’s most recent Visa Bulletin.

The age of the beneficiary is important to consider since their age may affect the petition at the time of filing.

Citizenship & Naturalization

Citizenship & Naturalization

The US affords citizenship to individuals on a case by case basis. The laws on obtaining US citizenship can be difficult to understand. Our immigration attorneys have the knowledge to provide you with the necessary advice and assistance to successfully apply for US citizenship. Contact our immigrations attorneys so that our team can find a solution for you.

Paths to Citizenship & Naturalization

There are numerous paths to obtaining citizenship and naturalization.  During our consultations, our immigration attorneys ask all of the necessary questions to determine whether you personally qualify for citizenship.  Whether citizenship is from being a permanent resident or military service, our immigration attorneys are very knowledgable on the eligibility requirements and different paths to obtaining citizenship and naturalization.  We’re confident you will be satisfied with the answers our immigration attorneys provide on your particular circumstances.

Lawyer Fees for Citizenship & Naturalization

Our citizenship and naturalization attorneys provide several levels of service.  Our attorneys can provide services at an hourly rate or a flat rate.  We typically bill at an hourly rate when the only service is reviewing already completed paperwork.  Otherwise, we offer flat fees to ensure you understand all of the costs associated with your citizenship & naturalization.  Our immigration attorneys provide flat rates for completing and submitting the paperwork as well as personally attending the naturalization exam with you.

Check out the most recent citizenship & naturalization exam questions.

Fiance and Spouse Visas

Fiance and Spousal Visas

Our immigration attorneys have experience in helping US citizens and lawful permanent residents have their fiancé or spouse enter or remain in the US. If you have questions regarding fiancé or spouse visas, contact our immigration attorneys so that our professionals can help you with one of the following visas for which you may quality:

K-1 & K-2 Visa: Fiancé & Minor Child(ren) of US Citizen

A fiancé and minor child(ren) of a US citizen is allowed entry to the US with a K-1 and K-2 visa, respectively. After entry into the US, the fiancé must marry the US citizen (petitioner) within 90 days and apply for permanent residence status.

K-3 & K-4 Visa: Spouse & Minor Child(ren) of US Citizen

A spouse and minor child(ren) of a US citizen is allowed entry to the US with a K-3 and K-4 visa, respectively, while their alien relative petition is pending.
There are many other issues that may affect the petition; contact our immigration attorneys to have our professionals with you through the application process.

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), Victims of Crime (U-Visa), and Victims of Human Trafficking (T-Visa)

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), Victims of Crime (U-Visa), and Victims of Human Trafficking (T-Visa)

Our professionals have experience in working with victims of crimes, including victims of domestic abuse, violent crimes, human trafficking, rape, sexual assault, and hate crimes. We strive to show compassion and support for our clients while striving to secure a safe environment here in the United States.

VAWA Visa: Battered Spouse or Child, or Parent of Battered Child

Under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), battered spouses or children, or parents of battered children of US citizens or lawful permanent residents may apply for permanent resident status if they were subject to domestic violence (psychological and/or physical) by the abusive spouse or parent. VAWA applies equally to men and women and may also be used for unmarried children (under 21) in certain situations.
VAWA also allows petitioners to file a petition without the abusive spouse or parent’s knowledge.  In order to ensure your safety, Carson & Kyung will maintain utmost confidentiality for all petitions filed by victims of abuse.  If the victim does not qualify for a VAWA visa, the victim may still find relief by petitioning for a U-Visa.

Victims of Crime (U-Visa)

Victims of crimes who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse may be granted the U nonimmigrant visa (U-Visa). If the victim of one or more of the activities that violate criminal law is willing to assist law enforcement and government officials in the investigation or prosecution of the alleged criminal, the victim may be eligible for a U-Visa.

Under certain circumstances, qualifying family members may accompany the U-Visa petitioner. Also, those victims not eligible for a T-Visa may seek relief by petitioning for a U-Visa.

Victims of Human Trafficking (T-Visa)

Victims of human trafficking may seek to remain in the US with a T nonimmigrant visa (T-Visa) to assist in the investigation or prosecution of human trafficking. Also, qualifying family members may accompany the T-Visa holder. Once certain conditions are met, the T-Visa holder qualifies to apply for lawful permanent resident status.

Asylee Status


Our attorneys make every effort to understand the pain and desperation individuals face as they strive to secure protection from persecution.  Are lawyers will work with you to find any available relief.  Asylee Status may be the best option for those attempting to secure protection from persecution.

  • An asylee is an individual seeking protection while physically inside the U.S.
  • A refugee is an individual seeking protection while physically outside of the U.S.

In order to qualify for the status as an asylee, the person must demonstrate that they are “unable or unwilling to return to, and is unable or unwilling to avail himself or herself to the protection of that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion.”

Various factors may inhibit an individual’s chances of securing asylee status. It is recommended that the individual contact our immigration law office to speak with one our professionals for help.

Contact Sacramento Immigration Lawyers for Family-Based Immigration

Interested talking to an attorney about family-based immigration?  Feel free to contact our Sacramento’s immigration attorneys to set up a consultation.  Also, feel free to check out the links below with more information.

Call Us: (916) 241-3336

Contact Form – Immigration Attorneys