Trevor Carson, Esq.
Mr. Carson is a founding partner with Carson & Kyung, A Law Corporation, and is a native Sacramentan. He prides himself in his accessibility, optimism, perseverance, initiative, and creativity. Mr. Carson is very attentive and known for quickly returning calls and emails. He has a kind heart and works hard to make sure his clients feel at ease. Check out what his clients are saying in the testimonials, or on Google or Yelp.
Attorney Trevor Carson gained valuable insight and practical experience working as a claims adjuster for workers’ compensation. He gained extensive experience evaluating the merits of claims, performing cost-analyses, and conducting in-depth research and investigations. Furthermore, he gained experience developing case action plans, negotiating settlements, and performing recorded interviews on a daily basis. Due to the high case load, he became adept at prioritizing, multitasking and producing quality work under strict deadlines. He was often recognized for his ability to provide impeccable customer service while saving resources for the company. More importantly, the work gave him a thorough understanding of the financial strain that can be placed on an individual due to unforeseen circumstances, such as a work-related injury.
Mr. Carson has worked for several organizations. These positions provided Attorney Trevor Carson with extensive experience performing research, document review, and drafting objective and persuasive documents. He was also able to hone his skills in complex litigation and became comfortable preparing cases for trial and advocating for his clients in court. Mr. Carson’s legal work experience was gained while working with the following organizations:
- The Roseville City Attorney’s Office;
- The Planning and Conservation League;
- The California ISO;
- The Department of Real Estate;
- Hibbitt, Tarbell & Koehler;
- The California Energy Commission; and,
- The Yolo County District Attorney’s Office.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
Mr. Carson’s professional activities and affiliations include:
- Board Member, Lawyer Referral Service of the Sacramento County Bar Association
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Sacramento Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Conference of California Bar Associations
Volunteer / Community Service
- Salvation Army Coats for Kids
- Loaves and Fishes, Convoy of Hope
- Crown Downtown – Legal Counsel
- Board Member of Sacramento County Bar Association, Lawyer Referral Service
- California Conference of Bar Delegates
- Landlord-Tenant Clinic
- Volunteer Legal Services Program of Northern California (VLSP)
- Operation Protect and Defend
- Criminal Records Expungement Clinic “Clean Slate Day”
Admitted to Practice
- All California State Courts
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- “The Decision from the Court of First Instance that Destroyed the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme,” 23 PAC. MCGEORGE GLOBAL BUS. & DEV. L.J. 157 (2010).
- Concentration in Business Law
- Primary Articles Editor, Pacific McGeorge Global Business and Development Law Journal
- Member, Phi Delta Phi, Legal Honors Fraternity: Article: Angel Tree Project Wins Phi Delta Phi Award
- Earned top level Capital Commendation for Public Service, Extraordinary Commitment, for completing over 150 hours of public service legal work
- Member, Traynor Society
- Dean’s Honor List
B.A. La Sierra University, Riverside
- Concentration in Business Management
- Dean’s Honor List
- Family Group Leader – assisted Freshmen and new students in their orientation to La Sierra University; involved a three day camping trip and organizing meetings, games, and other fun activities (272 hours)
- Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) – assisted in multiple projects; for example, helped organize the collection of computers from local residents for recycling and donated useful computers to needy schools in Mexico. SIFE places students into business related extra-curricular activities that helps the community.
By: Attorney Trevor Carson Google+