Trevor Carson, Esq.
Mr. Carson is a founding partner with Carson & Kyung, A Law Corporation, and is a native Sacramentan. He prides himself in his accessibility, optimism, perseverance, initiative, and creativity. Mr. Carson is very attentive and known for quickly returning calls and emails. He has a kind heart and works hard to make sure his clients feel at ease. Check out what his clients are saying in the testimonials, or on Google or Yelp.
Mr. Carson has gained extensive experience while handling countless matters from inception to resolution. His main areas of practice are bankruptcy and business.
His bankruptcy practice focuses on Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 consumer and business bankruptcies. He has filed bankruptcies in the Eastern District and Northern District.
Mr. Carson’s business practice focuses on entity formation (LLC and Corporation), contract drafting and negotiating, daily business operations, business litigation, and advising entrepreneurs and startups. Mr. Carson’s worked closely with dozens of businesses in Sacramento, Berkeley, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York. He thoroughly enjoy helping all businesses, particularly startups and restaurants, build and work towards their dreams.
Mr. Carson gained valuable insight and practical experience throughout the years. He gained extensive experience evaluating the merits of claims, performing cost-analyses, and conducting in-depth research and investigations. Furthermore, he gained experience developing case action plans, negotiating settlements, and performing recorded interviews on a daily basis. Due to the high case load, has become adept at prioritizing, multitasking and producing quality work under strict deadlines.
Mr. Carson’s legal also gained experience while working with the following organizations:
- Roseville City Attorney’s Office;
- Planning and Conservation League;
- California ISO;
- Department of Real Estate;
- Hibbitt, Tarbell & Koehler;
- Sedgwick CMS;
- California Energy Commission; and,
- Yolo County District Attorney’s Office.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
Mr. Carson’s professional activities and affiliations include:
- Board Member, Lawyer Referral Service of the Sacramento County Bar Association
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Sacramento Metro EDGE – Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Conference of California Bar Associations
- Member, Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association
Volunteer / Community Service
- Salvation Army Coats for Kids
- Loaves and Fishes, Convoy of Hope
- Crown Downtown – Legal Counsel
- Board Member of Sacramento County Bar Association, Lawyer Referral Service
- California Conference of Bar Delegates
- Landlord-Tenant Clinic
- Volunteer Legal Services Program of Northern California (VLSP)
- Operation Protect and Defend
- Criminal Records Expungement Clinic “Clean Slate Day”
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California
- California Superior Courts
- “The Decision from the Court of First Instance that Destroyed the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme,” 23 PAC. MCGEORGE GLOBAL BUS. & DEV. L.J. 157 (2010).
- Concentration in Business Law
- Primary Articles Editor, Pacific McGeorge Global Business and Development Law Journal
- Member, Phi Delta Phi, Legal Honors Fraternity: Article: Angel Tree Project Wins Phi Delta Phi Award
- Earned top level Capital Commendation for Public Service, Extraordinary Commitment, for completing over 150 hours of public service legal work
- Member, Traynor Society
- Dean’s Honor List
B.A. La Sierra University, Riverside
- Concentration in Business Management
- Dean’s Honor List
- Family Group Leader – assisted Freshmen and new students in their orientation to La Sierra University; involved a three day camping trip and organizing meetings, games, and other fun activities (272 hours)
- Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) – assisted in multiple projects; for example, helped organize the collection of computers from local residents for recycling and donated useful computers to needy schools in Mexico. SIFE places students into business related extra-curricular activities that helps the community.
By: Attorney Trevor Carson Google+