Attorney Trevor Carson
Attorney Trevor Carson is one of the founders of Carson & Kyung, A Law Corporation. His natural fascination with businesses and his entrepreneurial spirit led him to an undergraduate degree in business and a juris doctorate degree emphasizing business law. Trevor is a Sacramento native and graduated from McGeorge School of Law where he earned top honors in numerous courses and managed an internationally distributed legal journal.
Trevor prides himself in his accessibility, optimism, perseverance, initiative, and creativity. He is very attentive and known for quickly returning calls and emails. Trevor has a kind heart and works hard to make sure his clients feel at ease. Check out what his clients are saying on Google or Yelp.
Trevor has gained extensive experience throughout the years evaluating the merits of claims, conducting in-depth research and investigations, negotiating settlements, and advocating for his clients in court during complex litigation matters. Working for other organizations never completely fulfilled his ambitions; so, Trevor started the Sacramento law firm Carson & Kyung, A Law Corporation. He began operating with the aspiration of providing the best legal services while building quality relationships with his clients. Since the beginning, Trevor has been developing strong relationships with the community through his hardworking personality coupled with his kind heart. He has continued to maintain his goals of accessibility, attentiveness, and perseverance throughout his day-to-day practice.
Trevor now handles Carson & Kyung’s business law practice. Trevor’s practice focuses on the life cycle of a business from inception to exit. This includes, for example, entity formation (LLC and Corporation), transactional document drafting and review, daily business operations, business litigation, advising entrepreneurs and startups, and selling and buying businesses. Trevor has worked closely with dozens of businesses in Sacramento, Berkeley, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, China, Europe, Canada, and South America. He thoroughly enjoys helping all businesses build and work towards their dreams.
Attorney Trevor Carson was selected to the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Northern California Rising Stars List by Super Lawyers Magazine. Candidates are selected based on peer recognition and professional achievement. While up to five (5%) percent of the lawyers in a state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than two and a half (2.5%) percent are named to Rising Stars.
Sacramento Magazine named Attorney Trevor Carson as one of Sacramento’s Top Lawyers for 2015!
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Chair, E-Media Committee of the Sacramento County Bar Association
- Vice-Chair, Lawyer Referral Service of the Sacramento County Bar Association
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Sacramento Metro EDGE
- Member, Sacramento Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association
Volunteer / Community Service
- Habitat for Humanity Greater Sacramento Area
- Salvation Army Coats for Kids
- Loaves and Fishes, Convoy of Hope
- Crown Downtown – Legal Counsel
- Board Member of Sacramento County Bar Association, Lawyer Referral Service
- Board Member of Sacramento County Bar Association, Solo and Small Practice Division
- California Conference of Bar Delegates
- Volunteer Legal Services Program of Northern California (VLSP)
- Operation Protect and Defend
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California
- California Superior Courts
- “The Decision from the Court of First Instance that Destroyed the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme,” 23 PAC. MCGEORGE GLOBAL BUS. & DEV. L.J. 157 (2010).
- Law Firms Accepting Credit Cards and EMV Chip Evolution, Part One, Sacramento Lawyer Magazine (2015)
- Law Firms Accepting Credit Cards and EMV Chip Evolution, Part Two, Sacramento Lawyer Magazine (2015)
- Concentration in Business Law
- Primary Articles Editor, Pacific McGeorge Global Business and Development Law Journal
- Member, Phi Delta Phi, Legal Honors Fraternity: Article: Angel Tree Project Wins Phi Delta Phi Award
- Earned top level Capital Commendation for Public Service, Extraordinary Commitment, for completing over 150 hours of public service legal work
- Member, Traynor Society
- Dean’s Honor List
B.A. La Sierra University, Riverside
- Concentration in Business Management
- Dean’s Honor List
- Family Group Leader – assisted Freshmen and new students in their orientation to La Sierra University; involved a three day camping trip and organizing meetings, games, and other fun activities (272 hours)
- Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) – assisted in multiple projects; for example, helped organize the collection of computers from local residents for recycling and donated useful computers to needy schools in Mexico. SIFE places students into business related extra-curricular activities that helps the community.