Skip to main content
USCIS Now Accepting Applications for I-601A Provisional Waiver
05 Mar 2013

USCIS Now Accepting Applications for I-601A Provisional Waiver

Persons who entered the US without inspection or who are otherwise ineligible to adjust their status in the US may now apply for an I-601A waiver for their unlawful presence.

Immediate relatives may avoid submitting waivers of inadmissibility based on unlawful presence (those subject to the 3-year or 10-year bar) abroad, thereby circumventing being separated from their families for months while their waivers are in review. The I-601A process will allow individuals to obtain waivers domestically, attend interviews abroad, and return within as little as a few days.

Who qualifies? The applicant must be: (1) an immediate relative of a US citizen – parent to an adult (over 21) US citizen son or daughter, child (under 21) of a US citizen, or spouse of a US citizen; (2) physically present in the US; (3) at least 17-years old at the time of filing; (4) the beneficiary of an approved immigrant visa petition; and, (5) must demonstrate “extreme hardship” to a qualifying US citizen relative.

If you have any questions regarding a potential I-601A Provisional Waiver application, please contact us.

Call Us: (916) 241-3336

By: Peter Kyung Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | Avvo | Facebook

Carson and Kyung Sacramento Rancho Cordova Attorneys Lawyers Bankruptcy Business Criminal Immigration
*The information provided in this post does not constitute legal advice or opinion. The information is for guidance purposes only. Individual situations vary and you should contact us for a consultation.

Related Posts

Carson and Kyung Sacramento Attorneys Bankruptcy Studying

Discharging Student Debt-Undue Burden

Discharging Student Debt-Undue Burden Who doesn't want to ditch their student loans? I've got plenty,...

Starting a Dental Corporation in Sacramento Business Formation Attorney Professional Corporation

Starting a Dental Corporation in Sacramento

Starting a Dental Corporation in Sacramento Starting a dental business in Sacramento has its challenges and costs....

EAD Approval

EAD for H-4 Spouses Begins

On May 26th, USCIS began accepting applications for form I-765 for certain H-4 spouses of...